Has anyone started a package for Ronnie? He called on Wed the 7th and talked to Mike as I was at work. Mike said he sounded upbeat but I think it would have been different if he had been talking to me. (doing the macho thing with Mike).
Callie, thanks for talking with him and giving him hope and encouragement. He will need alot of that in the time ahead.
4 comments:
Is anyone avaliable the weekend of Jan 24th -25th to meet somewhere?? Let's make a list of what we should all bring so that we can have it when we meet and then we could make up a few baskets to send and spread out over time. If you cannot be there maybe you could somehow (mail) get the items you purchase to where ever we will meet!
I do work Saturday the 24th in the a.m. but get off at noon. I don't work any other Saturdays this month. I could make a NEBRASKA fleece blanket for the first basket. I'll pkg it in a no air bag. I also will get 2 movies he more than likely hasn't seen but they are great.
Great ideas Kris-- maybe we could do like 1PM that Saturday?? I'm afraid if we wait he may have already started treatment??? I will get slippers and some comfortable lounge pants for the first basket also. Let me know if anyone has other ideas we could just see what we all get and divide it into 3 or 4 baskets that day--I will also pitch in on a Walmart gift card--I think that is a great idea!!
Today I picked up a winter scarf and hat for Ronnie to wear to the hospital. They didn't have any gloves I liked. He will need to bundle up and stay warm when traveling, due to the chemo lowering his white count and then it is so easy to catch anything! If anyone wants to get gloves,let me know - other wise I will find some back in Omaha. We will give money towards the Wal Mart Card, also.
Post a Comment